Monday, July 19, 2010

I need to take back my rant from a couple posts ago. I had a big talk with my sis yesterday, and as it turns out, she's talked to the kids about Nevan, and shown them her picture. She told me I can talk with them, explain things, whatever I feel. I guess my nephew was just being a 9 year old little dude. Either the conversation was over his head, or he was uncomfortable. Just another case of me making something bigger in my head than it really was, and stewing over it. (Yep, I do that a lot) I think if I want Nevan remembered, mentioned etc. I have to be the one to set the example, mention her name, talk about her, and then it will be less awkward with my awkward family. Ahhh.

On a positive note, Chris and I went out for a great date tonight. It was his bday, so we went for sushi and beer, then had ice cream at the beach. It was a fun night. It really felt like old times, where we would go out all the time for dates and dinner and fun. I ate lots of raw fish, and drank beer, and thought to myself, I don't think I'd be doing this if I had a 5 month old. (?????). So a bit bittersweet, but aren't most things these days? We're going camping for the rest of the week, so it'll be good to get away, get out of the city, and relax for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your family is talking about Nevan more than you knew. Sometimes I wonder about that... I wonder what my parents say to each other, but won't say to me, or what my in-laws talk about, etc. Then I worry that maybe it doesn't consume their lives like it does mine, so best not to ask what they've thought about Acacia today, because maybe she didn't cross their minds...

    I love that you had a date night with your husband. Those things are so bittersweet. I'd much rather be sleep-deprived and more worried about diapers and breastfeeding than being able to go out on dates with my husband. But I guess we have to work with what we've got. If I'm not parenting a living child, might as well enjoy the freedom. Again - not sure I'll ever truly enjoy the freedom, but, ya know... (OK, sorry, I just lost my steam of enthusiasm). It really truly is wonderful to get out enjoy life with the people we love!

    ReplyDelete