Friday, April 30, 2010

the big 3-0

When I imagined my 30th birthday, I imagined maybe a nice dinner with good friends and only one glass of wine (breastfeeding). My sweet baby would be in the background, there to entertain when our friends arrived for dinner, then after a feeding, she would have slept peacefully and gone to bed. Little did I know how things were to turn out. As it happens, I have amazing and wonderful friends. The ones here in the same city as us came over for a bday dinner. The ones far away sent an amazing DVD slide show. Thank you all for being there, and I love you very much.

On another note, this song has been getting me through lately. I'm a seamstress by trade; I do costumes for theatre, dance and film, and this song by Jason Mraz called 'Details in the Fabric' speaks to me, and it has strongly since Nevan died.
Details in the Fabric Lyrics
14 Mar 2009
www.youtube.com

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy belated 30th birthday. I just found your blog through LFCA and I wanted to extend my deepest sympathy to you and your husband. My heart breaks for you. We are here to support you as you continue to mourn your baby Nevan. Holding you in my thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your tragic loss. Thinking of Nevan with you and hoping for better days ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from LFCA.

    I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Nevan. I'm glad you had good friends that made your birthday something special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day sweet Rachel...I know today will be beyond tough for a lot of us and I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you.

    Love,
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete