Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"One star in the night sky...

....shining for the one who will always be in my heart."

This is from a sympathy card we received recently, and I thought it was beautiful. I want to hang on to every memory and thought of her, as it's getting to the time when others are moving on and not talking about her so much. It's been just over 2 months now since Nevan was born, and passed away. Most of the time it feels like so long ago.......and yet I can't fall asleep most nights because her labor and birth are running through my head like a movie. I like to change the end of that movie in my head.

The grief of losing her has been like a horrible roller coaster ride. I remember reading about a week after our loss, that the first weeks and months (months?) you are in shock and denial, and after that life gets really hard. I was hoping this would not be true, and as time went on, "time would heal" (so many people said this!). All I know is that while I can still laugh at times, and enjoy certain moments, the pain is still very raw. I miss my baby girl so much, and life would be so different if she were here.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog name is perfect and beautiful just like sweet Nevan. I'm sure she's so proud of her strong momma.

    Sending love,
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a beautiful sentiment...i got one lovely card too that had just the right words on it, but nothing like that.

    i am so so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Nevan. she is just a gorgeous little girl. with this grief, some days are better than others. im sorry you and i have to know that. but im hoping for you that today is a good day.


    xoxo
    lid

    ReplyDelete