Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sweet Nevan,

Some of my favorite memories of you are when you were still in my belly. Every night between 8 and 11 you would move around so much. I loved feeling your wee heels kicking out of my tummy and imagining what they looked like. It was so amazing to feel your little bum rolling around in there, and I couldn't wait to hold you, rub your back and nibble your toes.

I also love to remember the first time we saw you, at the 20 week ultrasound. At first, you weren't moving enough, so I had to have a snack and walk around. After that, you wouldn't stop! I was in awe of your perfect little legs kicking up and down. You had one hand on your tummy, and were trying to put the other one in your mouth. I was just so amazed that you were so little, but so perfectly formed. Daddy and I really wanted to find out if you were a boy or girl, but you were kicking so much, we couldn't tell. We knew right then that you'd be strong willed like both Daddy and I.

I'm so happy we got to spend that precious hour with you. It means more to me than I can ever say. When the doctor put you in my arms, I was speechless for a moment, but Daddy started talking to you, and I felt like you looked right at him. You were so beautiful and perfect. You look so much like Daddy, but your eyes were light gray, and I think they would have been the same color as mine. I love to look at all the photos we have of you, and I'm so thankful Daddy thought to take lots of them.

I miss you so much, but you will always be with me in my heart.

Love mommy

1 comment:

  1. here from glow.

    i am so, so sorry you lost Nevan Carly. What a lovely name you gave her. i'm glad you have some lovely memories of her.

    thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete