Monday, August 30, 2010

To my sweet girl,

Daddy and I got married on Saturday. We've been living as common law 'husband and wife' for the last 4 years, and I was always quite happy with that. In the months since you've been gone, it became important for us to make it official, which we did on the weekend. In the wake of losing you we have grown much closer and stronger as a couple. I am so lucky to have such an amazing man as your dad in my life. I know he would have taught you wonderful life lessons, and I would have hoped you'd grow up to be like him. Instead Nevan, you've taught us that life is indeed too short, and we should cherish every moment with the ones we love.

The ceremony itself was beautiful. Our minister is our next door neighbor, so it was very personal and we included you throughout the night. The ceremony started with the minister placing dad's eukelele, my shears and some of my dress fabric, and your photo and the quilt I made for you on a table to represent the 3 of us as a family. She talked about you a lot in the ceremony, which made me happy because it was the first time we've seen most of the people there since last christmas, when I was very pregnant with you. Your auntie Kelly made a beautiful speech which included you, and so did uncle Jay. There was also a slideshow of pics from our lives, which included my pregnancy with you, our hour together in the hospital, and your butterfly release. It was beautiful and touched my heart. It was so nice to have everyone talking freely about you, and we got many comments on how beautiful the night was.

It was a happy night for us, and I hope you were smiling down on us and could feel the immense love for you from our whole family. We miss you baby girl, but carry you with us in our hearts.
Love Mommy.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Rachel. So glad you had a beautiful day. Nevan was definitely there cheering you on and looking lovingly over you and his daddy. ((hugs to you))

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best Rachel, for you and your husband. It was lovely to read about how everyone included Nevan in your wedding and the celebration of your lives together. Hope you have some time for a honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, beautiful picture of you guys! What a wonderful honor to the love that you both shared for your daughter and the strength that she has left you both with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. I'm so glad her memory was with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful, congratulations. That is one thing losing my Aiden definitely taught me, life is too short. Thanks for the reminder, though. I need to go kiss my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name Rachel it's one of my top girl names.

    Congratulations on your nuptuals.

    I am sorry for your loss your little one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete