Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2 years...

To Sweet Nevan,

I haven't posted here in a long time, but I think of you everyday. Your brother gives me so much joy, and I'm in a good place right now, but of course I miss you and wish you were here.

Today is 2 years since you were born. I can't believe that much time's gone by. I've been remembering our short time with you and looking through your memory box. Daddy had to work today, so on Sunday we're going to release some balloons for you down at the beach, and spend the day together as a family. Our dream is to plant a weeping cherry tree in your memory once we buy some property to build our house on. We'll be able to look out the kitchen window and see your tree and think of you everyday. I have to admit, I'm a little upset that some people very close to us have not said a word about today, but then the people most important (me, your dad, and nana) all remember and think of you often.

Sweet girl, you're forever in our hearts.
Love Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Love and peace to you on Nevan's 2nd anniversary.

    I'm sorry others haven't said anything today to acknowledge and remember Nevan. I know that's always a hard one for me. I think when others don't say anything about Acacia on her anniversary, I assume they've forgotten, and then that feels like they've forgotten me.

    I hope Sunday is a good day for you and your family as you remember and celebrate Nevan.

    XOXOXO.

    ReplyDelete